Landrail in Bluffton?

Here's the place to just kick back and discuss pretty much anything under the sun.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

dbrackin7
Veteran

Landrail in Bluffton?

Post by dbrackin7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

While on Adams street a few weeks ago I noticed new ties and ballast next to the Wabash central crossing. I passed by yesterday and the ties are spray painted Landrail. I did a quick Google search and found http://www.landrail.com/ Plus the pile of ballast has been used somewhere else. I noticed south of Buckhorn and the wabash central trackage they are doing construction which could be where the ballast went. With landrail specializing in Railroad real estate, i'm wondering if there maybe more work for wabash central in the future.
8v71

Notch 8
Veteran

Re: Landrail in Bluffton?

Post by Notch 8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Landrail is a rail contractor, specializing in railroad real estate is a little mis-leading statement. They do work for INER and many of the Industrial sidings and yards in the area. they just did the siding at Metal X at Waterloo IN and I just hooked them up with a job at Harsco at Garrett IN, and they paved between the rails so they can use the outdoor crane not only to unload railcars but now can unload semi's and rail cars with the outdoor crane. that job was done by API both these companies are under the LAND umbrella,