Old MOW Line in NW Ohio Question

Here's the place to just kick back and discuss pretty much anything under the sun.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

cspirit
Veteran

Old MOW Line in NW Ohio Question

Post by cspirit » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:16 pm

I know this line changed owners last year but I haven't seen any posting of any updates for awhile. Anyone have an update since January 2014? Are they putting in replacement rail from Woodburn into Defience, Ohio these day. What updates to line have new owners done / anyone have new picture? - Thanks

Notch 8
Veteran

Re: Old MOW Line in NW Ohio Question

Post by Notch 8 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Here is wealth of Info on your question...

http://railroadfan.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26432

cjberndt
Veteran

Post by cjberndt » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:31 pm

CSpirit:

Fri. evening I passed through Cecil and noticed that some ties had been replaced, but the rail appeared to be unchanged. There were a dozen or so cars at Lafarge south of town and a few cars on a side track in town. I didn't see any locomotives. Antwerp looked unchanged except for the nicely refurbished depot.

Craig
Attachments
Cecil mainline & Lafarge spur.jpg
Cecil looking west across Railroad St.; spur to Lafarge at left.
Cecil track gage.jpg
Worn rail ends in Cecil.

Ibflattop
Veteran

Post by Ibflattop » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:56 pm

We chased the Line out of Antwerp to Cecil and caught up with a 2 man rail crew working on the tracks. They were with Pioneer Rail. We ran into them about 4 pm and they said that a train was heading this way but they didn't know where it was at east of them. They said that it was only travelling at 6 MPH. If it would of went any faster it would derail. We went to Defiance Ohio but didn't see it so it still must of been east of us still. The Crew also said that the train derailed in Antwerp that Morning. Hummmmmmmm by the gap in the pictures I can see why. We seen some shoddy rail when we were tracing that line. I would hate to work for that line.
Kevin
Move west!!!!!!!
"Slack on the Pin!!!!!!"
"CIOR Engineer "takin up both mains and a siding" and not called E.O.T., called " Running on Markers" !!!!!!!!!!!

Jerett Godeke
Regular

Post by Jerett Godeke » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Ibflattop wrote:We chased the Line out of Antwerp to Cecil and caught up with a 2 man rail crew working on the tracks. They were with Pioneer Rail. We ran into them about 4 pm and they said that a train was heading this way but they didn't know where it was at east of them. They said that it was only travelling at 6 MPH. If it would of went any faster it would derail. We went to Defiance Ohio but didn't see it so it still must of been east of us still. The Crew also said that the train derailed in Antwerp that Morning. Hummmmmmmm by the gap in the pictures I can see why. We seen some shoddy rail when we were tracing that line. I would hate to work for that line.
Kevin
Is that why it stopped the other day? :lol:

Couldn't figure out why it would have stopped other than getting a bite at the Root Beer Stand.

Ibflattop
Veteran

Post by Ibflattop » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 am

Possably J. The Mow crew that was talking to us said that morning when the train was coming thru Antwerp they had a derailment. Kevin
Move west!!!!!!!
"Slack on the Pin!!!!!!"
"CIOR Engineer "takin up both mains and a siding" and not called E.O.T., called " Running on Markers" !!!!!!!!!!!