Derailment on the snake?

Here's the place to just kick back and discuss pretty much anything under the sun.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

CIOR
Veteran

Derailment on the snake?

Post by CIOR » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:03 pm

This morning around 3am, I heard the New Castle District Dispatcher tell a couple of trains here in Muncie that they wouldn't be going to much farther north due to the 313 derailing on the snake.

I didn't see anything posted about it though.

Chaser
Veteran

Snake derailment

Post by Chaser » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:37 pm

Passed by there on my way home from work today Nothing in the snake but lots of activity at the west end of the yard near the chi line

Hotbox
Veteran

Re: Snake derailment

Post by Hotbox » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:21 am

Chaser wrote:Passed by there on my way home from work today Nothing in the snake but lots of activity at the west end of the yard near the chi line
Yeah, there was quite a bit of " orange" over at the west end. Saw the crane, what looked like a rail rack, and a lot of blinking lights.

OhioTom
Regular

Post by OhioTom » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:51 pm

What is "The Snake" ?

OT
"What's the use in walkin', if there's a freight train goin' your way?" Tampa Red, Western Bound Blues

Hotbox
Veteran

Post by Hotbox » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:22 pm

ohiotom wrote:What is "The Snake" ?

OT
Check out the wonderful resource our forum host has put together describing FW rail operations and planr. It is located here http://www.fwarailfan.net/fortwayne_loc.htm

And you will see that the "snake" is a connecter joining the seperate NS districts in Ft Wayne, , near east wayne yard.

OhioTom
Regular

Post by OhioTom » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:15 pm

WOW! Great map of FWA area! Thanxxxx!!!

OT
"What's the use in walkin', if there's a freight train goin' your way?" Tampa Red, Western Bound Blues