Saturday FWA Get-togethers

Here's the place to just kick back and discuss pretty much anything under the sun.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Where?

Richards restaurant in New Haven
76%
Eat 'n Hous in Butler
24%

Total votes: 17

Michael Meisener

Re: Saturday FWA Get-togethers

Post by Michael Meisener » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Due to the problems that happenedon the line 6 pm Thursday all of GM Fort Wayne is shut down until the problem can be fixed. Greg & I will be meeting at I Hops at 10 am for breakfast. Anyone here is welcome to join in.

Chaser
Veteran

Post by Chaser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Not this time I have a soup and Sandwich Supper fundraiser to prepare for that night. Have to start cooking food....

You all..lol....Are welcome to come down and eat supper.. it's in PleasantMills IN just down the road about 4 miles from me.....Chad

hobo 150
Veteran
Location: MP 287.5 on the old PRR Line, now the CF&E in Van Wert Ohio

Post by hobo 150 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Gee,
Do I have to attend one of the "Executice Breakfasts" to defend myself??
I leave the area for a few days to go railfanning in Pennsylvania (Altoona & Horseshoe Curve), Maryland (Cumberland) and West Virginia (Grafton, Keyser, Phillipi, Romney, Elkins and points further) and I get home and check the wesb site and Mr. Michael the Trucker is on my case!!
Guess I'll have to travel alone since JW can't get permission to leave Venedocia, or maybe he can't find his way out... Must be awful to be on house arrest from mama! Just kidding.
If you slackers decide to cancel or change locations in the morning, let me know so I can plan ahead.
Hope to see you tomorrow!!!
hobo150
Chuck in Van Wert

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Hey Chuckie how did you find all those places? You must have taken the bus to get around cause it is hard to drive and eat donuts at the same time.

I'm still waiting on slide night at Mikey's that he has talked about for quite awhile.Oh well time to head to North Carolina for awhile.

JW

hobo 150
Veteran
Location: MP 287.5 on the old PRR Line, now the CF&E in Van Wert Ohio

Post by hobo 150 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 pm

JW,
At my age you learn to multi-task, and I'm pretty good at it.
I can walk, sneeze, cough, whistle, wink, fart, watch trains and eat donuts, all at the same time. :D
Have fun in NC and tell the kids I said "Hi"!

hobo150

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Wish I could do all those things.

Will tell them you said Hi.  Since I drove truck a long time ago I won't need a map cause I can get lost all by myself.Y'all have a good time tomorrow.

JW

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:13 am

Mike,

When,where,and are you going to be at the next breakfast? I suppose you will wait until I go to North Carolina to have it.

JW

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:29 am

Back last year when you were supposed to come up here I changed it back to March 07, 2009. You can find this topic in the Suggestion box "Railfan Get together Poll".

I know your big brother Chunky asked me if I will buy gift certificates for you and him since you are going down to see the kin folks. If you cannot make it this time then I guess you are SOL

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Well Mike we did come up there for lunch as we said we were going to(per phone call). Only thing we saw was horse crap all over the roads and NO trains. If we don't get there it won't be SOL but LOS.

JW

jett37
Veteran

Post by jett37 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks Mike M for the breakfast and all who came. Enjoyed the chit chat and the food. The Eat N House was a good choice. The NS made it interesting also by sending twelve trains between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Especially liked the meet of the two east bounds. One from the Wabash side and the other from the LS. Glad I was able to get it on Video.
jett37
Attachments
NS E-B Butler, In. 3-7-2009 8310-=-=.jpg

chowetrains
Veteran

Post by chowetrains » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Since when did NS start using black numberboards? This is the second ex Conrail repaint I've seen this way so far.
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator