Report abuse button

Have a suggestion for the website? A contribution to make? Feedback? We want to hear from you!

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

rrnut282
Veteran

Report abuse button

Post by rrnut282 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Hey Greg,

Is there a function you can turn on so we let you know when there are posts that should be considered for deletion? Many web forums have this feature which tags the message and forewards it to the moderator(s) and they can decide whether it stays or goes or they need to have a heart to heart with the poster or the person suggesting there is a problem....etc

I bring this up because it appears MelonieHenderson has NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT railroads/railfanning. I'm guessing its a pseudonym for an automated spammer that got through the filters.
rrnut282
(Mike)

BWH2003
Regular

Re: Report abuse button

Post by BWH2003 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:18 pm

This feature is already part of the forums. Look at my post and you will see a triangle icon with an ! symbol in it. That is the report post button which will then be sent to all moderator's emails.

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 am

Is that what that is. Learned something I should have known. :roll: :oops:
rrnut282
(Mike)

Big Ed
Veteran

Post by Big Ed » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 am

I see Melanie Henderso has left the forums....did u elope with her Mike lol

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Yes, Miss Henderson has been excused from our board 8)

I actually didn't get to see what kind of mess she made here, but I take it that it was a pretty big one. I saw the name you guys were talking about and just went to the account and hit delete on the account with the option "Delete all posts from user". That fancy button deleted the account and all the posts she ever made in one fall swoop. I should have looked at how many posts were made before I did that, oh well.

Speaking of Mike (M), what happened to him? I know he was planning on moving but I don't think I've heard from him since then. No dial-up in western Dekalb county?
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:04 am

Well at the point I started this thread, when I clicked on show new posts since last log on there were about a page-long listing, all from "her". I had logged on the previous day. She had new posts in every catagory and replied to others.
rrnut282
(Mike)

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey all

I'm still around but with work I have been busy and with the side business really busy. I tried to keep up with melanies posts on deleting but could never figure out how to ban her completely and delete all of her posts at one time. Look in the picture games and see where I have been.