Railroad Audio Problem

Have a suggestion for the website? A contribution to make? Feedback? We want to hear from you!

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Kameron Smith

Railroad Audio Problem

Post by Kameron Smith » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:19 pm

The railroad audio won't work for me on any of my players. Does anybody know ho I could fix that?

Thanks in Advance
Kameron

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:02 pm

Kameron,

I've been having problems with my router the last couple months with it freezing up almost daily, causing the audio feed to go down until I reset it. To see if the audio is up or not check out this page, http://fwaudio.dyndns.org:8000

If that says the audio is up and running, then it's a problem with your end, which we can debug next.

Kameron Smith

Post by Kameron Smith » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:25 pm

It's still not running. I wonder what it could be?

JBlauz
Regular

Post by JBlauz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:15 pm

i just tried to listen to the audio feed and I got an error message. the page says it's up and public.

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:43 pm

I'm listening to it right now with no problem. It's been up and steady for over a day now, at least. What exactly does the error message your getting say? Sometimes right after a restart for a few minutes, I'll get an error saying my computer does not have the correct codecs to decode the audio. After the server touches the internet for the first time, it usually quits giving me this error however. Let me know exactly what the error says and maybe I can look into it further.

Do either of you guys listen to it on a regular basis?

Kameron Smith

Post by Kameron Smith » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:16 pm

This is what my Windows Media Player says:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

JBlauz
Regular

Post by JBlauz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:17 pm

yeah, that was the same error i got the other day. but it seems to be working fine now. i did listen to it quite a bit before with no problems (minus the router freezing up), but haven't listened too much lately. hopefully when i get FiOS i will be listening a lot more. thanks Greg for working on the audio and the upgrade.