Railfan Get together Poll

Have a suggestion for the website? A contribution to make? Feedback? We want to hear from you!

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

How many people here wants to see a get together happen?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:05 am

Yes, I am interested.
100%
No I am not interested.
No votes

Total votes: 10

Michael Meisener

Re: Railfan Get together Poll

Post by Michael Meisener » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:55 am

JW wrote: Really Mikey would you go to Butler instead of Saluda or Spencer? Not me with this great weather now that the snow is gone.

JW
We had a great time up here. Our faithful leader & his new wife, Jett & his brother and me was there for breakfast. Was expecting Chaser and a couple of others to show up that did not happen. Maybe next time.

JW, I would rather be here in Butler than Saluda then I knew I did not have a rather long road trip home when I got home. Because I am a winter man & hate summer. I prefer 20 dergrees outside since I can out plenty of clothes on and stay warm. I cannot get enough clothes off to stay cool with out it being called indecent exposure :mrgreen:

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Hey Hobo 150

Just to make you feel like old times at work. A Tom's Doughnuts just opened up this past week next to East of Chicago. Since you missed breakfast, I would be happy to buy you a doughnut or 3 while we wait for trains next time you get this way. Tom's closes @ noon every day but opens @ 4am so I know JW will never be this way unless its day old :twisted:

hobo 150
Veteran
Location: MP 287.5 on the old PRR Line, now the CF&E in Van Wert Ohio

Post by hobo 150 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Mike,
Now you're talking my language.
Since you haven't really ragged on me too much lately, I might just take you up on that offer.
Spent last weekend in Huntington and Ceredo-Kanova West Virginia.
We were there for a bowling tournament and the bowling alley in Ceredo-Kanova was directly across from the coal docks that load and unload coal to and from trucks and barges.
They have quite a yard there and a lot of gons empty and full setting around.
The power that was there was a yellow/green combination but I never see what the markings were on them.
Might have to take another trip down there and get a better look at the area.
Maybeeeeeeee, we could talk JW into moseying over that way and we could all eat donuts and watch trains, in that order.
Take care, be safe and we'll get together soon.
hobo150

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey Mike, just wanted to say thanks again for buying breakfast. Next time will have to be on me, I think I owe you for more than I can think of now. Hopefully we'll see Chuck again sometime as well.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Greg46m wrote:Hey Mike, just wanted to say thanks again for buying breakfast. Next time will have to be on me, I think I owe you for more than I can think of now. Hopefully we'll see Chuck again sometime as well.
Greg

I am thinking a summer get together here in Butler. A cookout at the tracks with you as the cook (Thats all I expect from you from what you have done on this site for all of us)) . After a great afternoon of train chasing. Set up the slide projector here at the house in the A/C away from the insects and watch some great past time.

Or... You can buy the doughnuts & coffee for the next meet up here for all of us & the retired Police office & his faithful partner Barney (I mean JW)?

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Anyone up to a get together the week of May 05? Coffee, Doughnuts & trains Butler?Waterloo? Garrett? or New haven?

hobo 150
Veteran

Post by hobo 150 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:52 pm

In Indiana does the week start on Tuesday or do you just use the April calendar all year? :x

nsglc1985
Regular

Post by nsglc1985 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:18 pm

How about in Spring of 2011 at Fort Wayne area i might go :mrgreen:

hobo 150
Veteran

Post by hobo 150 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Let's do it!!