POTW ( Photo of the Week)

Have a suggestion for the website? A contribution to make? Feedback? We want to hear from you!

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Notch8

POTW ( Photo of the Week)

Post by Notch8 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:10 pm

How many people are interested in photo's of the area we dicuss, is there enough space and limit file size. and by the way, the system it won't let me sign in as a registered user ?

Mike

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:27 am

I am all for more photos. I love some of the ones we have now, (even the ones that I didn't contribute :lol: ) Maybe we can contact Art Copy and get permission to access some of their large historical collection, or even the TRRHC, they seem to come up with great ones for the calender. Greg, if you need to dump some of my non-historically related photos from the contributor page to make room for more good stuff, you certainly have my permission.
The sweetest sounds in the world: A pair 567's at idle, and a non turbo 645 in run 8!

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:20 pm

Good ideas guys. A site I used to(still am but it's sorta defunct now) be affiliated with, Photo-Addicts.com, occaisionally threw around ideas like this. How would you guys feel about a photo gallery to call your own? I do have software sitting in the wings, so to speak, that will allow you to build you're own photo gallery. From there you'd be able to vote on other peoples photos in the gallery, have some features that appear on the gallery homepage, even the website homepage. Space is definitely not an issue, we're currently using 3.3% of the space on our server. If for some reason the gallery outgrew the 10gigs, I could move it to my home server which has unlimited space. I'll get the software setup so you guys can look at it.

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:54 pm

Greg, I would LOVE my own gallery. I have some pictures up on Webshots, and have gotten fairly good response from them. I enjoy sharing my photos, even if the quality varies from pretty darn good to just plain awful. :P I don't have much to offer in the way of historical pics, other than some I have purchased from Art Copy, but I have a couple thousand shots from the last 12 years or so. Surely a few of those are fit for public consumption!
The sweetest sounds in the world: A pair 567's at idle, and a non turbo 645 in run 8!

Mark
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:16 pm

"From there you'd be able to vote on other peoples photos in the gallery, "

The heck with voting.
Let's see the pics.

Mark