Railroad collection at auction

Feel free to post any upcoming events for your local group/association here.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

wheeler
Veteran

Railroad collection at auction

Post by wheeler » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:34 am

MONSTER railroad collectible auction coming up!
Tuesday, oct 7, 4:30 PM Lagrange county 4H fairgrounds.
Depot stove,Timetables, lights,invoices,B&O passes, etc,etc.

I am NOT affiliated with the auction co or whoever owns this stuff. The ad is in the thursday Auburn "Evening star"
and just thought I would add a "Heads up" to the forum for other collectors to see. 8) I plan on being there!

strawserauctions.com

rrnut282
Veteran

Re: Railroad collection at auction

Post by rrnut282 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:56 am

is ther an item list os some web-site?
rrnut282
(Mike)

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:02 pm

rrnut282 wrote:is ther an item list os some web-site?

I take that auction company "strawserauctions.com" at the bottom of the post is where you can find more info.

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:07 pm

http://strawserauctions.com/auction_det ... ?ID=390118 will take you to the listing. The good stuff starts in the middle, so scroll down.

I ignored the line at the bottom thinking it was his signature line. :oops:
rrnut282
(Mike)

wheeler
Veteran

Post by wheeler » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 pm

sorry guys, I did not want to make a direct link to the auctioneers, as that could be considered spamming on some forums. My dad and I went, we each bought some "stuff". There was CRAZY piles of old /wierd/unusual paperwork, some of the photos went for outrageous money (IMO) :shock:
track plans, blueprints for same, tie count charts, schematics for various areas (Lapaz was one)
I have a PILE of track derail reports from 1937 and 1957 in Deshler, broken rail reports, the board of inquiry official report for those too.
the O-L-D B&O station/depot stove went for only 110$ and an amish guy bought it :roll: it was in awesome shape, I should have gotten it for my shop, but figgured it would go for lots of money and never planned on buying it.
I will post some stuff up in the next few days.(photos)

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:51 am

Was that you buying up half a table of old reports?

I don't think posting a link is spamming as you have to click it to go there if you want or ignore and go on with your life. I just put it there as a convenience as getting to that page wasn't as obvious as it should have been.
rrnut282
(Mike)

wheeler
Veteran

Post by wheeler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:26 pm

I bought that last table with a bundle of 8 for $3, and earlier paid 10$ for the avilla folder since it is close and easier to do research on, AND there was a funny letter from 1943 with a farmer complaining to the B&O that the fence on THEIR property needed attention as his hogs were getting out! :shock:
I have not looked thru it all, had hoped to meet some other folks there, but I am horrible with names..... :(

I also bought the "property of the Pullman Co." napkin with the script for the stewardess on the(new) "Columbian" dated 1949.
was a fun collection of crazy stuff.....
What did you buy?

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 pm

I bought a stack of blue prints that I haven't looked at, yet. The rolls I got included track diagrams, tie and rail replacement diagrams, and signal installations for the Chicago Division from 1925 to 1965.

The former owner must have been the maintainence supervisor for the B&O to have all of that stuff laying around.
rrnut282
(Mike)