765 Schedule to Owosso

Feel free to post any upcoming events for your local group/association here.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

hamwhatam

765 Schedule to Owosso

Post by hamwhatam » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 am

Does anyone in the Fort Wayne area know the scheduling and route for 765 to go to the Steam Festival in Owosso?

scorpionskate
Regular

Re: 765 Schedule to Owosso

Post by scorpionskate » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:20 pm

The guys at the Historical Society are pretty hush-hush about it. NS and CSX have told them in the past not to announce when they are moving it because of all the railfans and safety issues. I've heard all kinds of stories about railfans getting overzealous and doing stupid things while trying to follow a train (trying to film and drive at same time).

chowetrains
Veteran

Post by chowetrains » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:03 pm

What's been posted is pure conjecture, but the popular story is that they will run NS from New Haven to Butler, get onto the Chicago line and run to Toledo where it will interchange onto the Ann Arbor and run up to Owosso that way. Either way, NS will be pulling 765 with a diesel in front of it, you can count on that! When it gets closer to TrainFestival time, just listen on the scanner for an odd symbol and that should be your steam power on its way to Owosso.
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator

Ibflattop
Veteran

Post by Ibflattop » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:13 am

No
Thats not it! the Air Force is going to fly a couple of C5s into the Air Guard and they will lift it to Detroit. From there NS will take it to Owosso. That is all that I can tell you now, for I am
Jepordizing my SC........... Kevin (No Ben)
Move west!!!!!!!
"Slack on the Pin!!!!!!"
"CIOR Engineer "takin up both mains and a siding" and not called E.O.T., called " Running on Markers" !!!!!!!!!!!