765's Schedule to C.V.L.

Feel free to post any upcoming events for your local group/association here.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

BassmanDan

765's Schedule to C.V.L.

Post by BassmanDan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Yes, we all know it's hush-hush, but if someone could let us know when she's supposed to go through Mortimer and Fostoria, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Dan.

rolloffdvr22

Re: 765's Schedule to C.V.L.

Post by rolloffdvr22 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Me too. It would be nice to see it leave out.

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Wouldn't that be something special if it went thru Fostoria during the Iron Triangle Festival?
rrnut282
(Mike)

chowetrains
Veteran

Post by chowetrains » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 pm

rrnut282 wrote:Wouldn't that be something special if it went thru Fostoria during the Iron Triangle Festival?
I highly doubt that will happen because Fostoria moved its railfest up a week to Saturday Sept. 25th, which happens to be one of the dates 765 is supposed to pull an excursion on the CVSR. I won't be at the Fostoria railfest this year because I'll be at the Conrail Historical Society convention in Cleveland instead :D
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:15 pm

chowetrains wrote:
rrnut282 wrote:Wouldn't that be something special if it went thru Fostoria during the Iron Triangle Festival?
I highly doubt that will happen because Fostoria moved its railfest up a week to Saturday Sept. 25th, which happens to be one of the dates 765 is supposed to pull an excursion on the CVSR. I won't be at the Fostoria railfest this year because I'll be at the Conrail Historical Society convention in Cleveland instead :D
:mrgreen: This was more of a wishful thinking statement. It would be much more believable if they went out of their way to avoid that weekend, what with all those FOAMERS hanging around (and on) the tracks.
rrnut282
(Mike)

BassmanDan

Post by BassmanDan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:26 pm

OK with the chit-chat. Does anyone know when she's leaving down the Nickel Plate?

nstsa

Post by nstsa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Yes, I know the days it will be on the NKP.

chowetrains
Veteran

Post by chowetrains » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:37 pm

A rumor on trainorders.com says it will leave Sept. 9th
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator

rockmodeler1

Post by rockmodeler1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:37 pm

The latest I heard, is either tomorrow (6th) or the next day (7th) with delivery to CVL on the 9th. I really don't understand why it all so hush hush. This is a great thing that is happening that should be seen and photographed by as many law abiding railfans and general public as possible. They should be throwing flyers out the cab at the large gatherings so people know where and when they can see this engine in action on the CVL. What great publicity!!! I'm a slobbering steam fan so that's the way I would do it. LOL John

nstsa

Post by nstsa » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Hush-Hush is what the contract says. Trust me, you'll have to be in some sort of coma if you can't figure out when we are actually going to leave and have time to perpare for it. I can't say more than that. It will all make sense later!
Last edited by nstsa on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BassmanDan

Post by BassmanDan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:33 pm

nstsa wrote:Hush-Hush is what the contract says. Trust me, you'll have to be in some sort of coma if you can't figure out when we are actually going to leave and have time to perpare for it. I can't say more then that. It will all make sense later!
I shouldn't even post a response to this supposed answer, but it is prepare. And for the record, not everyone that doesn't live in N.E. Indiana is a moron or living in a coma. We ask because we don't know and would like to see our lady out on the rails.
By the way, two more things... seven words down from your perpare it should be than... and "it will all make sense later" works every time if you are on the correct side of the fence. If you can't help us any more than that then I'm sorry I asked.

nstsa

Post by nstsa » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 am

My bad. I'll make sure I never post anything on here again about 765. It's okay with me.

Andrew Enyart
NKP 765 Engineer(for the deadhead moves)

BassmanDan

Post by BassmanDan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

And there you have it, another classic example of the attitude of exclusion.

All we wanted to know was when.
My apologies to all who have had to read all this goings on.
Good luck Andrew.

rolloffdvr22

Post by rolloffdvr22 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:46 pm

You people need to understand the agreement with NS. they don't wans to have big crowds chasing the train because of serious safety issuses. If it continues to be that way then the NS will halt the movements of the 765 and then she will be stuck not being able to run anywhere, and I'm sure we all don't want that to happen. I'm not a part of there team that runs and works on the 765 and I can still understand that. These guies are doing what they can that allowes the rest of us to enjoy the 765's presents for years to come. Please don't ruin it for us all.

nathansixchime
Veteran

Post by nathansixchime » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:44 pm

What Mr. Enyart meant was that moving a 400-ton steam locomotive is a very difficult thing to keep hush-hush when it happens and any implication about stupidity is an unfair reading into his reply. If we're going to grade on spelling and grammar, maybe contextual reading would be helpful, too.
nstsa wrote:Yes, I know the days it will be on the NKP.
That implies multiple moves and there's only a few days left in which to do the move.

Having said that, the plans have been changed once already and the railroad has typically given 24 hours or less notice of when the move will occur. We don't even know what time of day the crew will be called.

This is the danger in telling people when and where and how because either:
a) you end up being wrong and people think they've been misled
b) people think you're pretending to be some sort of exclusive club that doesn't give a damn about public perception
c) the moves cost money and make none
d) you drop a few hints and get chastised for it

None are very encouraging.

I'd love to toss brochures out the window and advertise, but the railroad isn't prepared for crowd control and they've specifically asked that we do not encourage people to be line side. We are guests and they're the hosts and we are extremely fortunate they're committing time and resources to even bother with something they gain very little from. There was once a time when they didn't come to pick us up at all. The

I hope everyone gets a chance to see it. We'd share this thing with as many people as possible until we're blue in the face if we could.
Kelly Lynch
Vice President
Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society
http://www.fortwaynerailroad.org