Marion Rail BQ July 28th

Feel free to post any upcoming events for your local group/association here.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

conrailman75
Veteran

Marion Rail BQ July 28th

Post by conrailman75 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes folks its getting around that time once again when the CRHS makes its annual trip to Marion, OH :) The third annual Marion Rail-BQ is Saturday July 28th and like all years before, its FREE to attend!(donations for food are appreciated though). We'll have the depot, tower and model railroad club open again for your viewing pleasure and there should be plenty of train action on the CSX ex CR Big Four mainline, CSX ex C&O mainline and the NS Sandusky District. Plus, this year NS has been running the new heritage units around and they seem to end up on Sandusky District quite a bit, so there might be a good chance of seeing one that day perhaps(maybe even the Conrail painted NS 8098 if we're really lucky). Hours are like before, sunrise to sunset, but this year the museum staff won't be there to open the building until after 8am(although you can still hang out and see what runs that morning until then). Also, we'll have the usual slide show in the evening, starting at 7pm. Presenters lined up at press time include Roger Durfee and Chris Howe with more to be anounced in the next couple months. We don't have the RSVP link up on the website yet, but you can still go to our website, www.theCRHS.org, to check out the details, which our on our event page. Make those plans now and see you in Marion this summer!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Gary Berkey
Veteran

Re: Marion Rail BQ July 28th

Post by Gary Berkey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 am

Hey Chris, i take it there will be NO Elkhart Rail-BQ this summer? Maybe later this year? Just curious. Gary

conrailman75
Veteran

Post by conrailman75 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Gary Berkey wrote:Hey Chris, i take it there will be NO Elkhart Rail-BQ this summer? Maybe later this year? Just curious. Gary
Sorry Gary, but there will be no return trip to Elkhart this year as far as I know. If there is one later this year, I've not been told about it but I know they'll have a society membership meeting at Marion so I'll know then if there is any hint of such an event being organized in Indiana this year.

Also, there will be a really nice article on the Conrail Marion Branch written by yours truly(and illustrated by my photography hero Dave Oroszi) in the new Conrail Quarterly magazine that is in production right now. Single copies can be purchased thru the CRHS website or any hobby shops that normally carry historical society magazines from White River Publications or you can spend $35 and become a CRHS member and get three more magazines besides that one full of interesting stories and beautiful photographs for the rest of this year.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Veteran

Post by conrailman75 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Just a reminder that the CRHS Marion, OH RBQ is only a few weeks away on Saturday July 28th. The price to attend is still a recession shattering FREE and non members are always welcome to attend. The event is held at Marion Union Station in Marion and I'm hoping NS graces us with an appearance of some heritage units on a Sandusky District train at some point that day. So come on out and have some fun with us and see you at the depot!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Veteran

Post by conrailman75 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Well its almost here, the CRHS Marion, OH RBQ is only a week away on Saturday July 28th at Marion Union Station. I again remind everyone that its FREE to attend and you don't have to be a member to show up! The depot, tower, and model railroad club will be open for your viewing pleasure and the society will be grilling up some good food as well :) Also still hoping that NS will grace us that day with the appearance of a heritage unit on the Sandusky District as well. So come on out, bring a lawn chair and come hang out at the depot with us!

The slide shows, which start at 7pm, will feature the following presenters:
Chris Howe(yes, yours truly is showing slides)
Roger Durfee
Rick Acton
Rich Behrendt
Brad McClelland

Hope you can stick around to see some of that as well :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Gary Berkey
Veteran

Post by Gary Berkey » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey Chris, i'll have to get some brake work done on my GMC beast; hoping my frend can work on it this Sunday or next week, otherwise i'll have to pass going this year. I'll let you know one way or the other. 8) Gary

Gary Berkey
Veteran

Post by Gary Berkey » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:47 am

:D Chris, i be a heading towards Marion Saturday!!!! Got both front brakes replaced on the GMC truck, ready to roar across Ohio towards Marion! Looking to hang out with a bunch of Conrail "fanatics", hopefully meet fellow Conrail N-Scalers who model the Big Blue. So i'll be seeing you tomorrow, conrailman75! :mrgreen: Gary