Railroad Celebration at Baker St. Station

Feel free to post any upcoming events for your local group/association here.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

cjberndt
Veteran

Railroad Celebration at Baker St. Station

Post by cjberndt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:07 pm

The Three Rivers Railroad Heritage Council will hold its fifth annual railroad celebration on Sat. and Sun., Feb. 7 & 8, 2015, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the restored PRR Baker St. station, 221 W. Baker St., Ft. Wayne. The theme of this year's event is the New York Central Railroad in the Greater Tri-State Area, and we will also celebrate the 100th anniversary of the opening of Baker St. station.

A new book about the history of Baker St. Station, which has dozens of quality photographs, will be available for the first time, at the discounted price of $30 per book.

There will be a lot of railroad memorabilia on display. A railroad clock collector and a watch smith who specializes in railroad watches will be available to answer your questions or help you with repairs. Four model railroad layouts will be operating, including G-scale live steam, and we will have a modeler who has created railcars with a 3-D printer.

Parking is free. Please post here or email me if you have any questions.

Craig Berndt
Attachments
Flyer RRC 2015.jpg

Chaser
Veteran

Re: Railroad Celebration at Baker St. Station

Post by Chaser » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Craig, tried to send you a PM would not let me.
Have a question Sent you a email through the board.
Chad

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Re: Railroad Celebration at Baker St. Station

Post by Bob Durnell » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on the event, and to all of those that participated. I had a very good time as usual, and my buddy and I spent a good 3+ hours there meeting old friends, making a few new ones, and picking up some new information. I am always amazed that every single year, I can find three or four new gems of local rail history that I didn't know. It just goes to show that the learning process NEVER ends.
The sweetest sounds in the world: A pair 567's at idle, and a non turbo 645 in run 8!