Sutton Drive off of H 14 Ft.Wayne

Find an old ROW or want to know what the name of that one tower along the EL was? Post any historical questions or comments here. Open to any era from around the Ft Wayne area. Interurbans welcome!

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Ibflattop
Veteran

Sutton Drive off of H 14 Ft.Wayne

Post by Ibflattop » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:54 am

Ok I was at my Chiropractors yesterday getting my back adjusted. He told me he know of a Gy that has lived on Sutton Drive or Ansley Drive all of his life. And the Gentleman told my Doctor that He Remembers a Lococmotive Derailrailing off of the tracks be hind his house and ending up in a Bog. the railroad tried to recover the Loco but couldn't because of it landing into this bog. Has anyone every heard of this locomotive Derailment and what Line and what type of Loco was it? I only know of the PC or PRR around the Bridge at Sand back in the mid 60s. Does anyone else know of anything?
Move west!!!!!!!
"Slack on the Pin!!!!!!"
"CIOR Engineer "takin up both mains and a siding" and not called E.O.T., called " Running on Markers" !!!!!!!!!!!

caylorman
Veteran

Re: Sutton Drive off of H 14 Ft.Wayne

Post by caylorman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:53 pm

I had always heard the story that PC had an F7 go off the tracks out at Coesse, where the unit sunk in a swamp. I was under the impressions that its final resting place was the south side of the SDI property now.

E.J.

Ibflattop
Veteran

Re: Sutton Drive off of H 14 Ft.Wayne

Post by Ibflattop » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Caylorman.
I also heard that PC lost an F7 out there. I once worked with a Guy at ITT that he worked on the Pennsy and he told me about that. But looking on Google maps there is a Ditch on both sides of the Pennsy and use to drive that way for work I would go over the Pennsy and the one ditch would be deep but the other ditch isn't that deep but Google can be deceiving. Thanks for your input. Kevin
Move west!!!!!!!
"Slack on the Pin!!!!!!"
"CIOR Engineer "takin up both mains and a siding" and not called E.O.T., called " Running on Markers" !!!!!!!!!!!