ATCS Coverage

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

dominique
Veteran

Re: ATCS Coverage

Post by dominique » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 pm

I loaded Ft Wayne Metro kit , but it says that I need to have at least 1 server address and port number specified before I get data from the network. I had been on the atcsmon.wiki.org website and was in the process of printing off that info that was relevant to what I'm trying to get done; 1) my printer ran out of ink :roll: 2) the wiki thing went down so I have caught in limbo since. :?

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Dominique,

When you downloaded the kit, there should have been a file labeled Ft Wayne Metro.ini. If so, open the ATCS program and select "Load Profile" under the File menu. Select the Ft Wayne Metro file and open. This will bring up the appropriate layout and automatically load the server address's that you need.

If you are missing the .ini file, simply go to "Configure" -> "Options" and choose the Data Sources tab. Where you see the list of servers select Add. The Hostname is fwaudio.dyndns.org and the Port # is 4800. Check the enable box and hit OK. Select add again, enter the same address into the host line and for the port #, use 4801. Check the enable box, and hit OK. Now select the Display tab, beside Layout file, select Browse. Locate the Ft Wayne Metro layout and select OK. Click OK again to close the Configuration tab and press the Play (start monitoring) button and you should be set. To bring up the layout, select View and Dispatcher Display.

Let me know if you are still unable to get things working and I'll see if I can help you out more.

-Greg
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

dominique
Veteran

Post by dominique » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Still no luck with ATCS, it looks like it wants to load, but then it shows connection error 10060 basically saying that the session has timed out. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it is computer issue.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:35 pm

I have never tried it with windows firewall blocking access, but wonder if that may be the case here?
is the FtWayne.ini file there when you try to load profile in the file menu on top of main atcs screen?
Rob

dominique
Veteran

Post by dominique » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Yes, when I hit the load profile, the FtWayne.ini file comes up and it brings up the display but I have not seen it show anything .

dominique
Veteran

Post by dominique » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 pm

I was able to get on the atcsmon.wiki website, and it said the same info that you told me, so I have everything set up to run atcs, but I'm just not getting anything. I'm starting to think that my computer might be the problem. I don't know if I'm missing something or what the deal is. Thanks for all your help with all this computer stuff.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 pm

It trys to connect and then takes a bit to say connection error? or says connection error instantly?
Rob

dominique
Veteran

Post by dominique » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:46 am

It shows the connection error pretty quick.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:40 pm

I got a couple connection errors too, maybe you are catching those times the ATCS is down as gregs post above mentions!
Rob

dominique
Veteran

Post by dominique » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:48 am

Thats what I was wondering too. I also haven't noticed a whole lot of trains from my vantage point lately. I don't know if that has something to do with it as well.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, trains or not, if you look at the main ATCS monitor windows, youd see activity, as even with no trains, the MCPs update once a minute showing nothing but 1 indication per switch at least, most likely NWK.
Edited to add an image showing the many windows that show activity. If this would be an image posting that ATCS group would not like posted in Gregs opinion, he may delete it.
Attachments
FTWATCS.gif
Rob

dominique
Veteran

Post by dominique » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Well the image that you shown me doesn't even show up when I try to open ATCS. Maybe I missed something that I was supposed to do. I know that I signed up for the Yahoo group which was required to even be able to get the atcs program. But did I miss a step somewhere?

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:25 am

If you dont see that window in the image i posted, or a signal on your task bar, something may be wrong, but it sounds as if you have seen the dispatcher display, so i would think you have it, hmmmm
Rob

wayne b
Veteran

Post by wayne b » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 am

Just a guess but did you put in (configure>options>data source>network settings)the web site "fwaudio.dyndns.org Port 4800 and fwaudio.dyndns.org port 4801? It looks like you left out the ini or when you put it in you did not go to file to save the ini under ft wayne metro. but it vseem the program does not know wher to get packets.