Help with odd address on Fort Wayne ATCS NS server

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

alcochaser
Regular

Help with odd address on Fort Wayne ATCS NS server

Post by alcochaser » Sun May 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Greg, anyone happen to know where this address is coming from? It is ACKs only right now.

Anyone seen any new Antennas at the Blufton Holdout or ether end of Montpieler IN?

Shawn Noe

Greg46m
Site Admin

Re: Help with odd address on Fort Wayne ATCS NS server

Post by Greg46m » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:09 pm

No, I'm not sure Shawn. I saw it posted on the ATCSMon yahoo group with no responses either. It doesn't fit into the numbering system of ANY subdivision though. I figured if it was Bluffton that it'd fall in line numerically. I'm getting it from the BCP radio only, it's never came in on the MCP radio, if that helps.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 pm

I didn't see any new antennas in Bluffton, but I've been out of state for a month, now.

Would the electric locks on the Ethanol Plant be tied in? Call me crazy, but there might be a 4" antenna on the equipment case beside the switches.
rrnut282
(Mike)

alcochaser
Regular

Post by alcochaser » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Could it be on the Marion branch somewhere?

Though it could be anywhere.

A lot of times when the Lake Division first brings up a MCP that is being converted from wire line to wireless. They will hook up the ATCS equipment at the site but not hook it to the Interlocking controller. This allows them to check to make sure the Antenna can be heard before they cut it over. They would then change the address upon cut over, so this address could disappear and reappear as something else.

Sometimes a maintainer will hook something up to test it on a test bench somewhere as well.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Ok, last night was a good night for ATCS on the Ft Wayne server, had tons of NS mcps and 8 or 9 bcps coming in for a while, even noticed the goshen/elkhart area mcps showing up, but i did not see the mystery address or the address that CP 397 is using for testing on it or the Elkhart servers.
Makes you wonder sometimes what they are up to!
Rob

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:51 pm

We may finally have a location, if they tested the new address i ran across today using that address above, the new address sends indications and seems to be CP 53 on the Marion Branch, i got nothing there back when this thread was new though, but anyway, CP 53 does not have an antenna in sight that i can see, but this new address was coming in when i was at Indiana 15 and Indiana 114 intersection west of Noth Manchester, all the way in to Wabash, then with antenna unplugged from radio, got it all around CP 53 area. 75502020460202 is the address small incomplete log captured too, showed atleast 3 indications and up to 7, seems like a lot for anything in the area . Will head back down and actually catch a train and not go to Hardees and let one sneak by me like i did today :)
Rob

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:46 pm

FYI
There is an antenna at the Bluffton Holdout Signal. It's new, my friend who shoots all the time and I first noticed it this week.
rrnut282
(Mike)

alcochaser
Regular

Post by alcochaser » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Looks like I may have to come up this way with my Field Setup soon.

Can anyone tell me if there any new antennas up other then these locales? Montpelier IN perhaps? Come spring I may have to swing thru this area.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:19 pm

The antenna at CP 53 on the Marion Branch is on a short ,hard to see in snowy weather mast, there is also one at CP 54, here is a picture of the one at CP 54
CP54.JPG
This was taken sunday when the sun was finally out and i could see these antennas finally! CP 53 is decoded and may be in the ATCS master database by now, it only shows the interlocking and 2 blocks north, CP 54 must be going to show the main and siding plus a block south.
I am not sure whats going on on NCD , that would be a special trip for me to make, as I am from Warsaw.
Rob

alcochaser
Regular

Post by alcochaser » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Who took decoding the marion branch? I have CP-ALEX.

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Nobody has officially yet, I have been working with Scott Givens on the Chicago Line, and now started working on the parts of the Marion District and sharing it with him. Now I have a nice little layout going for the Marion District, trying to focus on it, but keep working both ways on intersecting lines with ATCS(which is all but Warsaw) I emailed Greg with info on Wabash and Lagro area decodes I have, and that portion of Ft. Wayne layout needs a little work.
I cant find my old logs if i have them, but I don't think Wabash always showed indications for Marion District, once CP 54/S speicher is on ATCS, there will be coverage from south of Wabash to just south of Claypool, which itself may be on ATCS once the connections signal work is done. Today I went through there and noticed the switch heater was installed for the connection switch on the Chicago District, but only a base for the signal so far, waiting to see if they move the WB home signal , or put up a new one there.
I never really paid a lot of attention to Wabash, but in winter, when trees are bare and you can see both lines better, it is kind of neat to see. Never realized if you look east down Huntington District that you can see a train climb north along Huntington District on Marion District after passing through the underpass. Probably because i was always drawn to looking the other way at the cut.
So far my layout stops one block south of Wabash, and starts where the trains do for now, CP 423 on the Chicago line(where there is server coverage too)
If you are interested in swapping mcp info , and want to see the work in progress of the layout, let me know
Rob

alcochaser
Regular

Post by alcochaser » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:26 am

That is okay, your closer and all ready have started. Good luck and I would love to see what you have. I encourage you to claim it and post your files to the ATCSmon group. I will keep CP-ALEX though since it's isolated and on the Muncie BCP anyway.