Another one (almost) bites the dust!

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Greg46m
Site Admin

Another one (almost) bites the dust!

Post by Greg46m » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:05 pm

I got the feed back up again tonight and I have been sitting here listening in on this conversation thats got me laughing. 11E called the Huntington District DS about 9:45pm reporting a snowmobile heading east down the ROW from Lumbard towards Piqua. Lauras working and I heard her call the Gastapo. They headed over to Meyer Rd to cut the guy off. Here's a near quote for the next couple minutes:

-NS Police - " NS police to DS, stop everthing you got coming by Snake, this snowmobile just got stuck in the crossover"
-DS - "Copy that NS police"
-various train crews in town "HAHA"...."That'll teach him"...

A couple minutes pass.
-NS Police -" Yea Laura, he's off the tracks, turned out he saw he was out of room and stopped before he got in the crossover, there shouldn't be any damage"

hehehe...I wouldn't want to be in that guys shoes right now explaining why he's in between the main lines...dumbass.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rrnut282
Veteran

feed

Post by rrnut282 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks for re-booting the audio feed. After yesterday's adventure driving home from INDY last night, I need a relaxing day in the office. 8)
rrnut282
(Mike)

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:19 am

I bet Mike. Did you see anything from the wreck down by Muncie? I heard I69 was a mess everywhere yesterday.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

KEITH_HARRIS
Veteran

Post by KEITH_HARRIS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 pm

GREG, I WAS LISTENING DURING THE SNOWMOBILE INCIDENT, HAD A GOOD LAUGH ALSO. JUST WONDERED IF THE SNOWMOBILE RIDER WAS FROM MISSISSIPPI. A SNOWMOBILE IN TOWN??

KEITH

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:50 pm

...east Ft Wayne = Hillbillies & crackheads 8)
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:32 am

Greg46m wrote:I bet Mike. Did you see anything from the wreck down by Muncie? I heard I69 was a mess everywhere yesterday.
I went by at 8:30 am. They had closed the NB lanes at exit 45 and traffic was moving again SB. They had a bobcat scooping up the load from the box trailer that had spread over 3 of 4 lanes. It looked like small rolls of (now shredded) paper. Most of the steel load was ejected out east of the R/W fence with a few h-beams still on the trailer. It was hard to tell if the drivers were killed by the H-beams or the resulting fire that literally melted the tractors down to the frame. From what I saw, they won't need a casket for their funerals. It was a bad start to a lousy day. It took almost 5 hours to get home in the snow at a whopping 25mph on the interstate (when it WAS moving) :(
rrnut282
(Mike)

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Greg46m wrote:I bet Mike. Did you see anything from the wreck down by Muncie? I heard I69 was a mess everywhere yesterday.

I left for Louisville, Kentucky at 1230pm Tuesday & returned yesterday morning around 630 am. I did See from the many spots that I had to sit while they cleaned up accidents on I69-I 465 - I65 about 11 trains. I missed the head on collision at the new rest area on I s9 or mm 50. I had to wait for 12 wrecks starting at the Muncie exit #41 and got to see 1 NS. Oncethat cleared up I made it to the Daleville exit # 34 and watched 2 CSX. then To Anderson and saw one more at the 26 mm while they pulled a plow truck out of the comedian. I saw a few on 465 (missed power not for sure who's RR. But at least I had fun while waiting for the idiots to get out of the ditch. Hopefully thats it for bad weather this year.

KEITH_HARRIS
Veteran

Post by KEITH_HARRIS » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:45 pm

YOU KNOW, MIKE, I SURE DO MISS THAT STUFF---------YAH!!!!
THE REAL CIRCUS IS WATCHING MISSISSIPPI DRIVERS ON ICE. THANK THE LORD WE DON'T GET IT VERY OFTEN. THE LAST HERE WAS DECEMBER 1998 AS WE WERE DOWN HERE LOOKING AT PROPERTY. IF IT WERE MORE OFTEN I WOULD HAVE TO GO INTO THE TOW TRUCK BUSINESS. BE ASSURED THAT ALL OF THE CRAZY DRIVERS ARE NOT IN INDIANA. BE CAREFUL!!!

KEITH

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Michael Meisener wrote:

I left for Louisville, Kentucky at 1230pm Tuesday & returned yesterday morning around 630 am. I did See from the many spots that I had to sit while they cleaned up accidents on I69-I 465 - I65 about 11 trains. I missed the head on collision at the new rest area on I s9 or mm 50. I had to wait for 12 wrecks starting at the Muncie exit #41 and got to see 1 NS. Oncethat cleared up I made it to the Daleville exit # 34 and watched 2 CSX. then To Anderson and saw one more at the 26 mm while they pulled a plow truck out of the comedian. I saw a few on 465 (missed power not for sure who's RR. But at least I had fun while waiting for the idiots to get out of the ditch. Hopefully thats it for bad weather this year.
At least you got stopped near the tracks. :evil:
rrnut282
(Mike)

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:07 am

Here we go again. Maybe we will see a second attempt at crossing the tracks with a snowmobile. Hopefully I am staying locally.