Routers

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Damyankee
Regular

Routers

Post by Damyankee » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:14 pm

Greg,
I have been watching the message threads at the Yahoo ATCS user group and now several people have confirmed having problems similar to mine. One guy uses a D-Link wireless routher like mine and says even with the internal firewall configured for permission it's not letting UDP packets get back to the ATCS server.
He seems to be a propeller head when it comes to these things and is investigating further, so I will keep reading the posts.
Mike

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:38 pm

Interesting. I've never run across anyone with problems yet. Keep me posted on what you find out and I'll try to include that information on the ATCS pages. Thanks!

Damyankee
Regular

Routers Again

Post by Damyankee » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:36 am

I've been watching the ATCS message boards and there are now probably a hundred replies about problems with various routers, as well as other problems. It seems if you use DSL and have a Uniden 2.4 Ghz cordless phone attached to it that will mess up the works too.
The latest is that if you use DSL and then a router you are natting twice because the DSL modem is actually a router, and the host says he won't support that because there are too many variables.
My cable modem is NOT a router however, so I don't think that applies to me, but the workarounds suggested for D-Link routers are so extensive he suggests using a different router. I won't go that route as my D-Link was expensive and works perfectly for everything else, including high speed online gaming.
I'll keep watching the posts, but it looks like I would have to do major mods to my system to receive ATCS.
Mike