Stereo audio makes a return

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Greg46m
Site Admin

Stereo audio makes a return

Post by Greg46m » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:05 pm

All,

This afternoon I finally got a new puter put in place as the permanent audio server and will also handle ATCS in the future. The computer I put in place is much newer and therefore has a stereo input sound card on it which is the component missing since day 1 to make the stereo feature work (except for the times I used my iMic, but I need that for other things.)

Once again, left side is the yard channel and Triple Crown base operations (non-AAR) and the right side is all four road channels in the area.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

KEITH_HARRIS
Veteran

Post by KEITH_HARRIS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 pm

GREG, THANKS FOR ALL OF THE WORK YOU ARE DOING. IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH FUN IT IS LISTENING TO THE RADIO NOW THAT I KNOW I DON'T HAVE TO. THANKS AGAIN.

KEITH

Rob
Veteran

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:32 pm

The mast ant. coming soon too??
I know youre curious on ATCS reception as I am when you get that done, scarey really the way moving an ant. 3 feet or less can make a world of difference.
Rob

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:22 pm

Speaking of tuning up, I just got done tuning up the audio system tonight. I "suddenly" remembered I had a new scanner that hadn't been unpacked from moving yet so I decided to get it out and play with it. It is a Radio Shack Pro-2046 800mhz scanner that I originally got for ATCS scanning, however I quickly found out it wasn't worth a hill of beans for that use. Instead I replaced the 2048 that Mike donated some time ago with it. (2048 took a 6ft spill onto a concrete floor a week ago and hasn't fully recovered, sorry Mike)

It seems to have a smidge better reception so I'm keeping it there for the time being. I also noticed that the audio from the other Triple Crown/Yard scanner wasn't coming across the feed. I quickly diagnosed the problem as a faulty/finicky plug and got it adjusted so the sound comes through. All seems to be better as I'm hearing the TC contractors talking loud and clear.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:11 am

Now if I could just get my dish network provider to keep things working as good as you do. 8)
rrnut282
(Mike)

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Good luck.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster