Audio Downage

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Greg46m
Site Admin

Audio Downage

Post by Greg46m » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Unfortunitely I had to take down the antenna for the audio server today so that my landlord could paint the back deck. The antenna is resting on the deck and strapped to it for support, so there wasn't really any getting around it. I'm going to let the paint dry for 48 hours before I put the antenna back up so as not to cause any damage to the fresh paint. This translates into no audio for the time being. Mike, I hope you're out of the office tomorrow. If not, I'm sorry 8)

I'll let everybody know when it is back up and talking again, probably sometime Saturday.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

Chaser
Veteran

Post by Chaser » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:48 am

We need to get mike a scanner for work..Ha HA or a radio
poor Mike
Chad

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:21 pm

Good timing, as usual. I wasn't in the office. I was in the hospital or at least too drugged up to listen or look out the back window.

My wife felt so bad for me, she took me to NE on Saturday and sat there for 90 minutes. :shock: I'm feeling better, but not good enough to go to the office. :wink: Besides in the basement of a steel framed building, the scaner reception stinks, (I couldn't get that requisition for a "communitcations cable" approved) so I'm better off at home where I can at least see them if I make it to the window in time.
rrnut282
(Mike)

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:27 pm

BTW Breg,
It does sound better.
rrnut282
(Mike)

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:32 pm

What in the world were you in the hospital for Mike? I noticed by your slurred type in the previous post "Breg", that those meds must still have a grip on you. 8)

I am happy to report that the antenna went back up last night. In hindsight it COULD have been a very bad idea to re-erect the 18' tall antenna while there was storms in the area, but hey, at least it's back up and kicking, as am I.

I did take the chance a few days ago to pull off all the coax and clean the connections really well. The antenna somehow manages to capture a small amount of rain water and this was built-up in the base connection of the antenna. I'll have to find some caulking and seal up the perpetrator leak sometime as I think I know where it is coming from. Unfortunately that will also warrant taking the antenna down, but that should only be for a few minutes.

Anyway, hope you have a speedy recovery to whatever ails ya Mike.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

KEITH_HARRIS
Veteran

Post by KEITH_HARRIS » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:21 pm

RAILFANITIS ?????

KEITH

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:13 am

I finally got tired of waiting for the pain to go away and saw the doctor about a torn rotator cuff. He said the tear was too big to heal so he had to cut his way in and put me back together. I thought the pain was bad before, but after a few days, it's tolerable again. I'm not impressed with Vykadin (sp) as a pain medicine. Maybe in a month or two I'll be able to hold a camera up to my face again.

Sorry Greg, I guess I type like I talk. :roll:
rrnut282
(Mike)