yoder,in

Find a neat place? Great photo location? Or perhaps an area to avoid. Talk about it here.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

k9fon
Veteran

Re: yoder,in

Post by k9fon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Did Kingsland have a passing siding when the EL was still in operation?

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 pm

The siding was added during the re-building of the NCD in 1981. (unless it was burined in the weeds out of sight) I do remember a connecting track in Kingsland between NKP and EL.
rrnut282
(Mike)

D.L.
Veteran

Post by D.L. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 pm

8) There was a connecting track as Mikee refers to, controlled by op @ GS. :wink:

MLB
Regular

Post by MLB » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

KINGSLAND HAD CROSSOVERS BETWEEN THE EASTBOUND AND WESTBOUND MAINS. THERE WAS A CONNECTING TRACK BETWEEN THE WESTBOUND MAIN AND WHAT IS NOW NS MAIN. THIS WAS LOCATED NORTH AND EAST OF THE TOWER. THERE WAS ALSO A SHORT SIDING ON THE EASTBOUND MAIN THAT WOULD HOLD A COUPLE OF CARS. THIS WAS LOCATED EAST OF THE OLD DEPOT. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Mark
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:33 am

MLB wrote:KINGSLAND HAD CROSSOVERS BETWEEN THE EASTBOUND AND WESTBOUND MAINS. THERE WAS A CONNECTING TRACK BETWEEN THE WESTBOUND MAIN AND WHAT IS NOW NS MAIN. THIS WAS LOCATED NORTH AND EAST OF THE TOWER. THERE WAS ALSO A SHORT SIDING ON THE EASTBOUND MAIN THAT WOULD HOLD A COUPLE OF CARS. THIS WAS LOCATED EAST OF THE OLD DEPOT. HOPE THIS HELPS.
MLB

If you are the same guy who was the youngest dispatcher on
the EL, it's good to hear from you. Give me a call sometime.

Thanks

MDD

MLB
Regular

Post by MLB » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:26 pm

MARK, I WORKED IN THE SIGNAL DEPT. I WOULD FILL IN FOR THE SIGNAL MAINTAINER OR HIS ASST AT HUNTINGTON, KINGSLAND OR DECATUR WHEREVER I WAS NEEDED. THANKS FOR ASKING. MLB

Wayne Gest
Veteran

Post by Wayne Gest » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Kingsland had no passing track before the reconstruction of today's New Castle District. There was a passing track at Whitely (by Marhofer's Meat Packing Plant in Muncie), a passing track at Hartford City, one at Bluffton, and one at Ferguson, which was south of Ferguson Road, Baer Field. There may have been others, a lot of tracks disappeared with the rebuilding. There were tracks at Eaton, in Montpelier, Shideler, several other tracks at one time in Hartford City, and at least one elevator track at Keystone.

Kingsland was built and completed first, followed shortly by Royerton and then Montpelier, which was a few years later. Long rumored and never built was the passing track to start at Silver Street, Bluffton, to run all the way to the Hoosier Highway.

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Wayne Gest wrote: Kingsland was built and completed first, followed shortly by Royerton and then Montpelier, which was a few years later. Long rumored and never built was the passing track to start at Silver Street, Bluffton, to run all the way to the Hoosier Highway.
Did not know Montpelier came later.

I can just imagine how the natives would have responded to a train parked there blocking 200S. They go ape-&^it every time 700N is blocked by a train sitting in Kingsland. Mr Jack@#$ Smith went before the County Commisioners this week asking if something more can be done to discourage trains from using the siding as a $500 fine doesn't seem to do it for NS. :roll:
rrnut282
(Mike)

MLB
Regular

Post by MLB » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 pm

I DON"T THINK MR. SMITH EVER TAKES HIS EYES OFF 0F THAT 700N CROSSING. THE COUNTY DISPATCED A DEPUTY AT 4:00 AM ONE MORNING THIS WEEK TO CHECK THE CROSSING BEING BLOCKED. I THINK THE QUOTE WAS JACK SMITH IS ON THE PHONE AGAIN.

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Last month NS agree to pay some $5000 to settle complaints on crossing blockages for the first six months of the year. Hardly a day goes by without the newspaper noting another citation, or two, or three.

He moved in there after the tracks were upgraded, so he has no-one to blame but himself, yet he seems to have found a way via the courts. :roll:

I'd like to start a petition to close the crossing. He seems to be the only one who uses it. :twisted:
rrnut282
(Mike)

Ibflattop
Veteran

Post by Ibflattop » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:15 am

Is the Dispatcher in a good mood!!!! heheeheheheheheheeh Kevin
Move west!!!!!!!
"Slack on the Pin!!!!!!"
"CIOR Engineer "takin up both mains and a siding" and not called E.O.T., called " Running on Markers" !!!!!!!!!!!