Maintainence page

Have a suggestion for the website? A contribution to make? Feedback? We want to hear from you!

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

rrnut282
Veteran

Maintainence page

Post by rrnut282 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 am

Greg,
How about a page for posting maint. /construction activities. They don't really fit into the other topics well and anyone who is facinated by railgrinders, tie gangs, etc would have one place to look for local action. I was listening to the scanner feed Tuesday (BTW thx for resetting it again), and the signal gangs were working south of Winters Rd to cut in the new signal at MP CF 173.6 and the DS had to talk every train by Winters Rd. Knowing where stuff like that was happening could affect how and where you would watch.

For example under this topic I would have posted information on the signal cut-over because the signal at 173.1 is now gone. I would also report that there is a tie gang working down by Montpelier IN. I would also report that the NS web-site reports major trackwork between Chatanooga and Atlanta which will affect the timing of trains 216, 264, 196, 230, 235, etc.
rrnut282
(Mike)

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:20 pm

It's got me thinking...and damn you because thinking hurts right now 8)

Actually, somebody before suggested a "Shoutbox" which I looked into and might look back into that again for such a purpose. I thinking adding just another board would be a waste of time, but something different that stands out against the crowd would be better. Perhaps I could have this one email people directly as well when something like this happens. Maybe I could get it to allow certain people to opt-out of it if they choose. For example, information like this might not be a big deal to Keith or Richard or Zeke because they don't live anywhere near Ft Wayne and therefore it'd be all these extra emails they don't need. But if you're traveling along and have email on your phone or PDA or what have you and get a message saying there's a steam engine heading through town, you can turn around right then and go catch it. Hmm, I'll think about this for awhile, thanks for the suggestion. I have to take care of some login problems before I get too involved with this first.

BTW: is anybody having login problems? I've had two reports of it now and am curious if anybody else is having problems. Email me if you are so I can see if there's a pattern of sorts.

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:38 pm

Greg, I think this is a great idea. Due to my work location, I have a lot of "sightings". I seldom post them, because by the time anybody reads them, they are ancient history. That format would actually make it worth the effort to post "hot" news or news in progress. Here's hoping you can work out the details. Careful though. If you keep improving this site, Zeke just may want it back! :lol:
If my opinions offend you, you should see the ones I keep to myself........

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Bob Durnell wrote: Careful though. If you keep improving this site, Zeke just may want it back! :lol:
Impossible, he gave me the keys to the site. Impossible to run it without these, now isn't it?! 8)
Attachments
DSC00039.JPG
DSC00039.JPG (57.49 KiB) Viewed 8432 times
DSC00038.JPG
DSC00038.JPG (73.46 KiB) Viewed 8431 times

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:25 pm

I'm so happy I'm not the only smart a** here! :D
If my opinions offend you, you should see the ones I keep to myself........

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:03 pm

Bob Durnell wrote:I'm so happy I'm not the only smart a** here! :D
I'll second that. :lol: :wink:
rrnut282
(Mike)